The window symbolises the triumph of good over evil when the Allies defeated the Axis Forces during World War 11. In the left panel is a depiction of the Archangel Michael (St. Michael) and in the right, a depiction of St George slaying the dragon – again symbolic of tile power of good over evil. Several members of the armed forces and civilians are also depicted as a tribute to those who fought either overseas or on the home front. In the bottom right hand corner is a portrayal of St.Hubert, represented as a hunter, the son of the Duke of Ouienne, a French nobleman. Hubert is kneeling in a forest clearing around 700 AD, gazing at a stag. Within the horns of the stag is an image of Christ crucified, with radiant beams of light emanating from the image.. Upon seeing this vision, Hubert became a Christian and by 708 AD had become Bishop of Liege. Hubert was eventually adopted as the Patron Saint of the Mentally Ill. When consideration is given to the fact that St. Matthew's Psychiatric Hospital stood approximately half a mile to the east of Christ Church and was one of several psychiatric hospitals in this area, it is extremely fitting that St, Hubert's image was included in this window, as The Vicar of Christ Church was also Chaplain at St. Matthew's.
One particular memorial plaque to mention, situated to the right of the pulpit, is in memory of Charles Bennett Spence who was a Lieutenant .in the Royal Field Artillery and also a pilot in the Royal Flying Corps, He was born at SI. Matthew's Hospital “(then the County Mental Asylum)" June 30th, 1888 where his father, Dr. James Beveridge Spence was Medical Superintendent (A ward at St, Mathew's was named after Dr. Spence some years later). Charles Spence was killed in action, May 9th 1915 near Bethame and is buried close to Chateau L' Abbaye,•Choques, Northern France. His parents are buried in the churchyard where he is also commemorated.
A drum and fife band was formed at Christ Church, Burntwood, in 1886 with 24 members and also a mothers' union was formed in the same year .
Christ Church has had thirteen incumbents starting, with The Revd. Edward Simeon Remington in 1820, Charles Dawes in 1820, there followed the: Reverends Thomas Bradbourne in 1826; Thomas Harwood in 1828; Ralph Errington in 1845.; George Poole in 1852; Richard Weston in 1888; John Thomas Homer in 1925; Joseph Herbert Bowman in 1942; Charles Lewis in 1952; J.(John) E.T. Walters in 1958, leading to David Weaver in 1982 until September 2008. The Revd, Margaret Mattocks became VIcar from 23 rd Aprll 2009.
Our Lych gate was errected by subscription in 1931 as a memorial to Richard Weston (d 1929) who was vicar from 1886 to 1922 Worship has continued throughout this time and it always gives a great deal of satisfaction to know that today's congregation is carrying on a tradition started in Burntwood by parishioners who were not happy at having to trowel some four miles to St. Michael on Greenhill, Lichfield. Burntwood continues to grow, and we are charged with preserving this Church as part and parcel of 'our heritage ,to remember those who have gone before and maintain it for those yet to come.
To the left of the church is a small traffic island on which is situated the UK's Smallest Park. The inscription is: Prince's Park The UK's Smallest Park created in 1863 to commemorate the marriage of Albert Edward, Prince of Wales and Princess Alexandra of Denmark